"To Touch A Life Forever"
CALIFORNIA STATE FOSTER PARENT ASSOCIATION, INC.
Representing All California Resource Families
The California State Foster Parent Association, Inc. (CSFPA) provides support, advocacy, resources and education to all California Resource Families/Foster Parents. Our purpose is to bring together all Foster Parent/Resource Family associations throughout California to work together to promote the general welfare of children that need protective care.
In January of 2018, there were almost 60,000 children and youth ages 0-20 in the California child-welfare-supervised foster care.* The people and families caring for these children “touch lives forever.” The CSFPA is here to help them successfully raise this vulnerable population of children and keep them safe and healthy.
*Source: University of Berkeley CCWIP
YOUR DONATION IS APPRECIATED!
All donations to CSFPA are used to support children and the resource families caring for them. Donations are 100% tax deductible.
43rd Annual Conference
Thank you to those who attended and helped out at this year’s annual CSFPA Training Conference in Ontario October 10-12. What a great event! The variety of workshops offered was tremendous. The Thursday night dance party was super groovy! The movie “Foster” was enlightening and educational. The silent auction had awesome items to bid on and everyone who bid contributed to the CSFPA Scholarship Fund in addition to possibly taking home a wonderful item. Awards and Scholarships were presented at the Saturday luncheon to well deserving youth, social workers, foster parents and directors.
Looking forward to seeing everyone next year!
2020 Annual Training Conference will be October 15-17, 2020 at the Sacramento Hilton
Did You Know?
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at AmazonSmile, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to the California State Foster Parent Association. Click on AmazonSmile to choose CSFPA as your designated organization. Remember to bookmark your AmazonSmile for easy access.
Thank you for your support.
- There are campership scholarships awarded annually to foster/bio/adopted children of CSFPA members
- There is a scholarship available to high school seniors or first year college students; bio/foster/adoptive children of CSFPA members.
- CSFPA meetings are held quarterly in Sacramento and are open to everyone!! Click here for scheduled events!
- There is help available for orthodontic needs of youth; check out smileschangelives.org. There is an on-line application.
- There is a website to assist you if you've already reported child abuse or neglect and you don't feel appropriate action is being taken; legal tools are available at ProtectCAchildren.org.
- There is a free legal advice hotline for anyone concerned or has questions about a child in foster care in California—Advokids 877.ADV4KID (877.238.4543) - legal forms and assistance on the website www.advokids.org
Become a foster parent/resource family and directly change a life forever. If you are interested in becoming a foster parent/resource family, contact your local Department of Children and Family services. You can find out more about becoming a resource family at http://www.cdss.ca.gov/Resource-Families.”
FEATURED BLOG POSTS
Your donation helps the California State Foster Parent Association (CSFPA) support resource families/foster parents in California. The CSFPA offers scholarships for children to attend camps (Campership Scholarship) and for graduates to further their education (Haghenbeck Scholarship Award). It also offers ongoing training and support for those who provide ongoing, daily…Read More