"To Touch a Life Forever"
CALIFORNIA STATE FOSTER PARENT ASSOCIATION, INC.
Representing All California Resource Families
California State Foster Parent Association Endowment Fund
Contributions to the CSFPA Endowment Fund will enable the State Association to continue advocating for children in out-of-home placements being cared for by resource families. This state-wide association has established an endowment fund with a goal of raising $2 million that, once attained, will provide an annual income to ensure the continued operation of the CSFPA and the continued support and training of resource families. Contributions to the CSFPA Endowment Fund will enable the State Association to continue to offer several benefits and services to the foster care community including the following:
- Advocacy for Children: Continue advocating for children’s issues and improvement in services to needy and at risk children and their families.
- Newsletter: A quarterly newsletter is sent to all members and selected agency personnel covering issues of special interest to the foster care community.
- Scholarships: The CSFPA offers annual scholarships to deserving foster children to encourage them to continue their education and learn a life supporting skill upon emancipation from the welfare system.
- Annual Training Conference: An outstanding 3-4 day conference each October brings together care givers and agency personnel where they can learn about issues of common interest and share information and support.
- Allegations and Grievances: The State Association offers information and guidance to care providers on how to respond to allegations and/or grievances filed against their person or homes.
- Networking Forum: Monthly association meetings at the local level and quarterly meetings of the State Association provide a support network and a wealth of information that assists caregivers in meeting the daily challenges involved in raising someone else’s children.
Contributions may take many forms; some of the more popular of which are listed below:
Donations of cash are usually fully deductible for donors who itemize deductions.
*Securities and Mutual Fund Shares:
Donations of appreciated securities and mutual fund shares may be deducted at fair market value on the date of transfer to the CSFPA endowment Fund. This can often be done at a significant tax savings to donors.
Charitable gifts annuities and charitable remainder trusts are examples of some planned giving vehicles. By giving such gifts, donors contribute to the CSFPA Endowment Fund and in most cases, increase their annual income, enjoy significant income tax deductions, and avoid taxes on capital gains.