"To Touch A Life Forever"
CALIFORNIA STATE FOSTER PARENT ASSOCIATION, INC.
Representing All California Resource Families
The California State Foster Parent Association, Inc. (CSFPA) provides support, advocacy, resources and education to all California Resource Families/Foster Parents. Our purpose is to bring together all Foster Parent/Resource Family associations throughout California to work together to promote the general welfare of children that need protective care.
In January of 2018, there were almost 60,000 children and youth ages 0-20 in the California child-welfare-supervised foster care.* The people and families caring for these children “touch lives forever.” The CSFPA is here to help them successfully raise this vulnerable population of children and keep them safe and healthy.
*Source: University of Berkeley CCWIP
YOUR DONATION IS APPRECIATED!
All donations to CSFPA are used to support children and the resource families caring for them. Donations are 100% tax deductible.
Annual CSFPA Chapter Membership Paperwork is Due January 15th
Each CSFPA Chapter is required to submit the following information by January 15th to be ratified (i.e. confirmed as a current chapter):
- Signed Chapter Roster Form
- Membership List (your membership list should include (preferably typed) each member’s first and last name, address, email address and preference on how to receive the quarterly CSFPA newsletter – template is available here:
(3) All quarterly financial reports from prior year, see Chapter Forms
(4) Copies of President and Vice President’s license or RFA certificate from licensing agent (Note: If license or RFA certificate is not dated within the last year, a letter of good standing from the licensing agency is required)
(5) Any changes to by-laws and/or asset ownership.
All forms can be found in the Forms tab. All Chapter Presidents should be receiving a packet of information by mid November. If this information is not received by January 15th, a late fee will be applied and your access to the CSFPA insurance will be in jeopardy.
Please send all information to: Carol Ihlenburg, Membership Chair, 272 Devon Drive, San Rafael, CA 94903
The 42nd Annual Conference/Training “It’s A New Day/Let’s Band Together” held October 5-7 at the Sacramento Hilton was a successful and fun event! Over 130 attendees had the opportunity to attend more than 30 different workshops on a variety of topics from changes and updates on the RFA process to Legal Updates to Positive Parenting Techniques. Many of the classes were standing room only! Charlie Applestein entertained everyone at the Saturday luncheon with his humor and real-life antidotes. The Sunday Awards Luncheon applauded many who have gone above and beyond including the speaker, Congresswoman Blanca Rubio who received the Outstanding Service Award. Other awards/scholarships presented are as follows:
Haghenbeck Scholarships: Jordan Vicario and Haylee Diaz both from San Bernardino County
Outstanding Social Worker: Rose Eshe from Sonoma County
Outstanding Foster Parent/s: Scott and Kim Streeter from Sonoma County
Outstanding Kinship: Jill Parker from Marin County
There were fun raffle prizes and lots of sharing and interaction. We hope to see everyone at next year’s Conference to be held October 10-12, 2019 at the Ontario Airport Hotel – mark your calendars now!
Click here for CSFPA’s Online Newsletters.
4th Quarter, 2018 Available Now!
Make sure we have your email address on file, so you don’t miss an issue. Send your email address to the Newsletter Chair at CSFPAnewsletter@gmail.com
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at AmazonSmile, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to the California State Foster Parent Association. Click on AmazonSmile to choose CSFPA as your designated organization. Remember to bookmark your AmazonSmile for easy access.
Thank you for your support.
Did You Know?
- There are campership scholarships awarded annually to foster/bio/adopted children of CSFPA members...See More
- There is a scholarship available to high school seniors or first year college students; bio/foster/adoptive children of CSFPA members.
- CSFPA meetings are held quarterly in Sacramento and are open to everyone!! Click here for scheduled events!
- There is help available for orthodontic needs of youth; check out smileschangelives.org. There is an on-line application.
- There is a website to assist you if you've already reported child abuse or neglect and you don't feel appropriate action is being taken; legal tools are available at ProtectCAchildren.org.
- There is a free legal advice hotline for anyone concerned or has questions about a child in foster care in California—Advokids 877.ADV4KID (877.238.4543) - legal forms and assistance on the website www.advokids.org
Become a foster parent/resource family and directly change a life forever. If you are interested in becoming a foster parent/resource family, contact your local Department of Children and Family services. You can find out more about becoming a resource family at http://www.cdss.ca.gov/Resource-Families.”
FEATURED BLOG POSTS
2022 CSFPA Conference
Registration is Now Open!
Click on Either Image Below to Register
SAVE THE DATE!Read More
The California Department of Social Services and FosterParentCollege.com (FPC) have entered into an agreement with the State of California to provide all CA resource parents with free access to FPC online training through their agency. FPC courses are self-paced and available to parents 24/7. These trauma-focused courses fit the vision…Read More
California Victim Compensation Board (CalVCB) Did you know every child in foster care is eligible for assistance from the California Victim Compensation Program (CalVCB) for services? In the past, social workers would file a claim when a child was detained, but this is no longer the case. Every child who…Read More
SOMETIMES… This book was written for foster children and fost-adopt children, or for children who are not able stay in their home for one reason or another and need to be placed in a new home. Follow along with a timid foster child and a teddy bear as they learn about their new home. A…Read More
Your donation helps the California State Foster Parent Association (CSFPA) support resource families/foster parents in California. The CSFPA offers scholarships for children to attend camps (Campership Scholarship) and for graduates to further their education (Haghenbeck Scholarship Award). It also offers ongoing training and support for those who provide ongoing, daily…Read More