"To Touch A Life Forever"
CALIFORNIA STATE FOSTER PARENT ASSOCIATION, INC.
Representing All California Resource Families
The California State Foster Parent Association, Inc. (CSFPA) provides support, advocacy, resources and education to all California Resource Families/Foster Parents. Our purpose is to bring together all Foster Parent/Resource Family associations throughout California to work together to promote the general welfare of children that need protective care.
In January of 2018, there were almost 60,000 children and youth ages 0-20 in the California child-welfare-supervised foster care.* The people and families caring for these children “touch lives forever.” The CSFPA is here to help them successfully raise this vulnerable population of children and keep them safe and healthy.
*Source: University of Berkeley CCWIP
YOUR DONATION IS APPRECIATED!
All donations to CSFPA are used to support children and the resource families caring for them. Donations are 100% tax deductible.
Nominations for Annual CSFPA Awards and Scholarships are now being accepted!
To make a nomination, you must be a current member of the California State Foster Parent Association.
This is the time we come together as a group to formally honor those who have inspired us with their extraordinary efforts, whether they are fellow foster parents, adoptive parents, kincare parents, or remarkable young people pursuing their educational dreams, or those who support the world of foster/resource families statewide with advocacy efforts.
There are nine service awards in addition to the Haghenbeck Scholarship Award open for nominations. One person from each region is eligible to receive the following awards:
- Outstanding Kinship Award
- Outstanding FFA Award
- Outstanding Adoptive Parent Award
- Outstanding Social Worker Award
- Outstanding Director or Deputy Director Award
In addition, the following awards and scholarships are open for nominations:
- State Directors Award for Outstanding Foster Parent – Two awards per region
- Outstanding Service Award – One Statewide
- Lavern Adolfo Award for Excellence in Advocacy – One Statewide
- The Haghenbeck Scholarship Award – Several per year
To obtain a nomination form, go to our Scholarship and Awards page. Please read and follow the instructions provided on the form.
Please read and follow the instructions provided on the form.
All awards will be presented at the annual Conference and Training held in Sacramento October 5-7.
Did You Know?
- There are campership scholarships awarded annually to foster/bio/adopted children of CSFPA members...See More
- There is a scholarship available to high school seniors or first year college students; bio/foster/adoptive children of CSFPA members.
- CSFPA meetings are held quarterly in Sacramento and are open to everyone!! Click here for scheduled events!
- There is help available for orthodontic needs of youth; check out smileschangelives.org. There is an on-line application.
- There is a website to assist you if you've already reported child abuse or neglect and you don't feel appropriate action is being taken; legal tools are available at ProtectCAchildren.org.
- There is a free legal advice hotline for anyone concerned or has questions about a child in foster care in California—Advokids 877.ADV4KID (877.238.4543) - legal forms and assistance on the website www.advokids.org
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at AmazonSmile, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to the California State Foster Parent Association. Click on AmazonSmile to choose CSFPA as your designated organization. Remember to bookmark your AmazonSmile for easy access.
Thank you for your support.
Become a foster parent/resource family and directly change a life forever. If you are interested in becoming a foster parent/resource family, contact your local Department of Children and Family services. You can find out more about becoming a resource family at http://www.cdss.ca.gov/Resource-Families.”
FEATURED BLOG POSTS
OCTOBER 5 – 7 2018
The California State Foster Parent Association, Inc., with support from the California Department of Social Services, presents the 42nd Annual Foster Parent Training ConferenceRead More
It’s a new year with lots of changes affecting the world of caring for children in foster care. There are questions and confusion as the new CCR (Continuum of Care Reform) and RFA (Resource Family Approval) laws and policies are being initiated. In addition, there are still changes being made…Read More
California Victim Compensation Board (CalVCB) Did you know every child in foster care is eligible for assistance from the California Victim Compensation Program (CalVCB) for services? In the past, social workers would file a claim when a child was detained, but this is no longer the case. Every child who…Read More
The CSFPA’s newsletters will be going electronic in 2018. Make sure we have your email address on file, so you don’t miss an issue. Send your email address to the Newsletter Chair at CSFPAnewsletter@gmail.com.”Read More
Your donation helps the California State Foster Parent Association (CSFPA) support resource families/foster parents in California. The CSFPA offers scholarships for children to attend camps (Campership Scholarship) and for graduates to further their education (Haghenbeck Scholarship Award). It also offers ongoing training and support for those who provide ongoing, daily…Read More