"To Touch A Life Forever"
CALIFORNIA STATE FOSTER PARENT ASSOCIATION, INC.
Representing All California Resource Families
The California State Foster Parent Association, Inc. (CSFPA) provides support, advocacy, resources and education to all California Resource Families/Foster Parents. Our purpose is to bring together all Foster Parent/Resource Family associations throughout California to work together to promote the general welfare of children that need protective care.
In January of 2018, there were almost 60,000 children and youth ages 0-20 in the California child-welfare-supervised foster care.* The people and families caring for these children “touch lives forever.” The CSFPA is here to help them successfully raise this vulnerable population of children and keep them safe and healthy.
*Source: University of Berkeley CCWIP
YOUR DONATION IS APPRECIATED!
All donations to CSFPA are used to support children and the resource families caring for them. Donations are 100% tax deductible.
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at AmazonSmile, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to the California State Foster Parent Association. Click on AmazonSmile to choose CSFPA as your designated organization. Remember to bookmark your AmazonSmile for easy access.
Thank you for your support.
Did You Know?
- There are campership scholarships awarded annually to foster/bio/adopted children of CSFPA members...See More
- There is a scholarship available to high school seniors or first year college students; bio/foster/adoptive children of CSFPA members.
- CSFPA meetings are held quarterly in Sacramento and are open to everyone!! Click here for scheduled events!
- There is help available for orthodontic needs of youth; check out smileschangelives.org. There is an on-line application.
- There is a website to assist you if you've already reported child abuse or neglect and you don't feel appropriate action is being taken; legal tools are available at ProtectCAchildren.org.
- There is a free legal advice hotline for anyone concerned or has questions about a child in foster care in California—Advokids 877.ADV4KID (877.238.4543) - legal forms and assistance on the website www.advokids.org
Become a foster parent/resource family and directly change a life forever. If you are interested in becoming a foster parent/resource family, contact your local Department of Children and Family services. You can find out more about becoming a resource family at http://www.cdss.ca.gov/Resource-Families.”
FEATURED BLOG POSTS
Next year’s conference (43rd annual) will be in October, dates and place coming soon!Read More
2nd Quarter April 26-27, 2019
3rd Quarter July 19-20, 2019
CSFPA will now be offering webinars for the training’s held at the quarterly meetings. If you are on the email distribution list, you will receive information about how to join the webinar a week before the event. If you have questions, please contact Tyffany Wanberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.Read More
It’s a new year with lots of changes affecting the world of caring for children in foster care. There are questions and confusion as the new CCR (Continuum of Care Reform) and RFA (Resource Family Approval) laws and policies are being initiated. In addition, there are still changes being made…Read More
California Victim Compensation Board (CalVCB) Did you know every child in foster care is eligible for assistance from the California Victim Compensation Program (CalVCB) for services? In the past, social workers would file a claim when a child was detained, but this is no longer the case. Every child who…Read More